- April 9, 2021
- | 0
Sydney’s Best Office Security Guards, the benefits, the skills.
Looking for professional, reliable office security guards?
We discuss the costs, responsibilities as well as benefits of having Commercial Security guards present in your building.
Who needs Office Security Guards?
There are a multitude of businesses and organisations that require the services of professional office security guards.
Corporate buildings, government organisations, banks, strata site buildings and pretty much any business that requires the services of concierge style office guards.
Office Security theft & fraud is on the rise. Many experts believe that a significant percentage of small business failures are directly related to internal theft of money, property, information, and time.
Business need to safeguard against loss and have property office security protocols and best practices in place.
Benefits of having Office Security Guards On Site
There are plenty of benefits to having office security guards present on site.
Having licenced security guards providing security patrols, and static security is a great crime deterrent.
Office security guards can also provide concierge services as well as help with customer service and aid in providing a better customer service experience to your visitors.
Corporate and commercial security guards can come uniformed or suited, depends on your requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities Office Security Guards Can Include:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of site policies and procedures
- Patrol premises effectively
- Control access to and exit from premises, including control of stock, if required
- Assess and respond to situations of risk
- Monitor individual and crowd behaviour including CCTV
- Operate basic security equipment
- Operate basic fire suppression equipment
- Operate moving walkways, lifts, escalators and goods lifts
- Operate installed security gates, barriers and bollards
- Operate access control systems
- Manage keys and access swipe cards
- Operate intruder detection systems
- Operate and investigate fire panel notifications in accordance with site/client protocols
- Respond to calls for assistance and respond to alarm events
- Protect persons in need
- Protect self and others using basic and legal defensive techniques
- Provide First Aid
- Control persons using effective crowd control techniques
- Conflict resolution through negotiation
- Implement effective strategies for engaging with young people
- Implement effective strategies for engaging with intoxicated and drug affected persons
- Act as an Area warden and manage people effectively during an emergency
- Communicate effectively with visitors, customers, tenants and site management
- Use communication systems including portable radios
- Provide advice and directions to visitors and tenants
- Participate in workplace safety arrangements
- Report any OHS&E hazards or incidents identified in the workplace
- Comply with work instructions & Group Integrated Management System (IMS) policies
- Attend Tool Box chats and IMS training sessions when required
- Investigate and prepare reports – complete client incident reports
- Give evidence in Court if and when required
- Liaise with Police when required
Skills & Experience of Corporate Office Security Guards
Corporate Office Security guards come with varying skills sets.
All guards are experienced with working in corporate and retail environments.
Depending on your requirements, working with professional security companies is essential when looking for the right security guard.
You want to make sure the guard is fully licensed, has great references, and will be reliable.
Office Security Guards have the following skills
- Experience in a customer service focused security roles
- Great communication and professional presentation
- Ability to problem solve and stay calm under pressure
- Proven ability to develop professional relationships
- First Aid certificate
- Valid NSW Security Licence (Crowd Control)
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID002 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Current Open C Class drivers licence
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to apply sound emergency response principles
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Retail security industry experience
- Fantastic personal grooming
- Personable, friendly with excellent customer service
How Much are Corporate Office Security Guards
Prices vary depending on location and level of skill required.
It’s safe to say that hiring a security guard will cost anywhere between $29-55 an hour.
Do you require the guard during the days, night shift, perhaps 24 hour security?
These all go into determining the price of your security guard.
HIRE A CORPORATE OFFICE SECURITY GUARD TODAY
Our team at Corporate Security Australia has been providing corporate security services to Sydney businesses for over 10 years.
If you are ready to hire professional security guards for your building, commercial site or property, simply get in touch with our commercial security team today.